Michael Crandall of Connecticut, famous Band musician, passes away: Obituary

Publish date: 2024-05-07

Connecticut, US – The music community in Connecticut is in mourning following the sudden and tragic passing of Mike Crandall, a talented harp musician and significant figure in the world of blues. Mike’s unexpected demise, confirmed on Monday, September 19, 2023, has left countless hearts scarred and his absence is deeply felt by all who had the privilege of knowing him.

Mike Crandall was more than just a superb harp musician; he was an institution in the blues scene, deeply dedicated to his craft and celebrated for his penchant for vintage sound and equipment. His musical prowess and love for the blues have left an indelible mark on the community, and his passing is a significant setback to the Connecticut music scene.

John Bruce shared the Michael Crandall’s death news,

“I don’t even know what to say ,
R.I.P Mike Crandall
We all have idols , i’m no different! Mike was that to me ,
Years ago when i met Mike i was blown away watching him play the blues harp , he was one of the guys that helped me out alot on stage through the years , one who would let me know and not give me pat on the back when i didn’t deserve it , but he was always there when i did do good ! Straight shooter he was ! I loved that about him ! He was particular to who he would play with and did not settle . Full of fire every time he was up there on the stage , alway put on a hell of a show for anyone who would listen ! Great guy off the stage as well and a top shelf carpenter ,
When i got to talk with Mike one on one he was the guy who straight up told me what i needed to do to be a better drummer , it was years before he allowed me to even sit in on the drums with him , i am happy that i finally got that chance about 15 years ago orso
Won’t ever forget that
I’m sure he is up there with Rick Harrington jammin out as we speak !”

As a seasoned performer, Mike was not only exceptionally skilled but also deeply passionate about his craft, consistently delivering outstanding performances. Beyond his musical achievements, he was cherished for forming meaningful connections with those around him. Rennie Chapman, a longtime friend, reminisced about their shared history, from playing basketball together in their youth to watching Mike’s music career flourish. Chapman emphasized Mike’s remarkable talents as a blues harmonica player, singer, and performer, highlighting his influence in New England’s music scene.

Stephen Prunier, another close friend, remembered Mike as not only a talented musician but also a great companion with whom he enjoyed discussing music and spending leisurely moments. Mike Crandall’s legacy as a blues icon will forever live on in the hearts of those he touched, and his contributions to the world of blues music will be remembered and celebrated.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51kuqqvx5qcpWWTp66vsMClo2anlmKwsLrNnpqtoZOqwW6ywKamrqtdl66vsIymrKyhk56ur3nPmqqsnaNirrit2Gamm6Gkqq6zxY4%3D