The Voice Australia: Keith Urban stunned by Jessica Mauboys shock decision

Publish date: 2024-05-04

The Voice Australia coach Keith Urban is left baffled by Jessica Mauboy’s ‘shock’ decision during battle rounds

By Mary Mrad For Daily Mail Australia

|

Keith Urban was left baffled after Jessica Mauboy sent Kaylee Bell home during The Voice’s battle rounds on Sunday night.

During the blind auditions, Jessica blocked Keith from having Kaylee on his team after she sang a song she wrote for him.

However, the judge decided to let go of Kaylee after she performed Landslide by Fleetwood Mac against Finnian Johnson.

The Voice Australia 2022: Keith Urban was left baffled by Jessica Mauboy's 'shock' decision during the battle rounds on Sunday night

The Voice Australia 2022: Keith Urban was left baffled by Jessica Mauboy’s ‘shock’ decision during the battle rounds on Sunday night

After their performance, Keith said: ‘I obviously wanted Kaylee for my team but sweet Jessica here blocked me.’

‘I’m not mad or anything,’ he said sarcastically, before adding: ‘I am, I’m still mad.

‘I think, Kaylee, your vocal styling really came out in that song and it was very good,’ Keith continued.

Decision: During the blind auditions, Jessica blocked Keith from having Kaylee on his team after she sang a song she wrote for him. However, the judge then let go of Kaylee after she performed Landslide by Fleetwood Mac against Finnian Johnson

Decision: During the blind auditions, Jessica blocked Keith from having Kaylee on his team after she sang a song she wrote for him. However, the judge then let go of Kaylee after she performed Landslide by Fleetwood Mac against Finnian Johnson

Jessica then revealed her decision on who would be staying in the competition.

‘I’m so super proud of you both. Kaylee you’re just effortless and you just know where you’re going with the song. Coaching you is like setting you up to shine,’ she said.

‘Finnian, goodness gracious me, that tone that you have, it is meant to tell stories.’

'I'm so super proud of you both. Kaylee you're just effortless and you just know where you're going with the song. Coaching you is like setting you up to shine,' she said before revealing Finnian was the winner

‘I’m so super proud of you both. Kaylee you’re just effortless and you just know where you’re going with the song. Coaching you is like setting you up to shine,’ she said before revealing Finnian was the winner

‘You have this barrel thing that’s really deep in your gut, this is a really tough decision,’ she continued before revealing Finnian was the winner.

A shocked Keith responded: ‘Oh, wow!’

He then yelled ‘Go Kaylee’ as she left the stage following the verdict.

A shocked Keith responded: 'Oh, wow!'

A shocked Keith responded: ‘Oh, wow!’

Advertisement

ncG1vNJzZmimkZ63or%2FUqZyrnpGjwG%2BvzqZmraCVYsOwtcKeZJqto6m%2ForjImmSknZmptW7B0ZuYp2WjqcKvusSdZJuxXZ%2BytL%2FInJhmpZGqr7DF0maqoaeToHqlscKiqqKnnmQ%3D