Todd Chrisley: Chrisley Knows Best Star & A Real Estate Tycoon

Publish date: 2024-05-02

Who is Todd Chrisley?

Todd Chrisley is a popular American reality TV star and real estate tycoon. The star of Chrisley Knows Best, Todd is often presented as controlling, irritable, and irrational in the reality T.V. show.

After defrauding banks to take out loans and support their extravagant lifestyle, Todd Chrisley and his wife Julie were found guilty on federal charges of bank fraud and tax evasion in June 2022.

Table of Contents

Quick Facts

Full NameTodd Chrisley
BirthdayApril 6, 1969
Age54 years old
Sun signAries
TraitsPositive- Confident, honest, and witty
Negative- Arrogant, insensitive, and impulsive
BirthplaceGeorgia, USA
NationalityAmerican
EthnicityCaucasian
ReligionChristianity
Height185 cm
Eyes ColorBlue
Hair ColorLight brown
ParentsGene Raymond Chrisley (father)
Faye Chrisley (mother)
Marital statusMarried
SpouseJulie Chrisley (wife)
ChildrenLindsie Chrisley (daughter)
Kyle Chrisley (son)
Chase Chrisley (son)
Savannah Chrisley (daughter)
Grayson Chrisley (son)
ProfessionReal Estate Agent
Net WorthUSD 1.5 million
Social MediaTwitter
Instagram

Early Life and Childhood

Todd Chrisley was born on April 6, 1969. Born in Georgia, Todd grew up in Westminster, South Carolina. As of 2023, Todd Chrisley is 54 years old.

Todd spent the majority of his childhood in Westminster, South Carolina. His mother, Faye Chrisley, is a popular American reality TV star. She is known for her appearance in the hit American reality show Chrisley Knows Best.  

Faye Chrisley is the matriarch of the Chrisley family. Describing her past struggles, Faye Chrisley once said in an episode of Chrisley Knows Best,

“I think about how hard I had to work, milking cows every morning at 4:30 in the morning, and then going to feed the hogs and the chickens.” 

In addition, Faye Chrisley’s childhood was also quite tough. Moreover, after giving birth to her kids, Faye had to overcome many hardships. She had to work over 60 hours a week in order to provide for her family. 

Todd’s father was US war veteran Gene Raymond Chrisley. Gene Raymond Chrisley served his country during the Korean War. Likewise, Gene Raymond Chrisley was even honored with a bronze star for his valor and dedication to his country. 

Unfortunately, at the age of 77, Gene Raymond passed away at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta on July 11, 2012. He passed away after a long battle with cancer.

Siblings

When it comes to siblings, Todd Chrisley has two brothers. His brother, Randy Chrisley is a businessman. Unlike Todd Chrisley, Randy Chrisley has somehow managed to live a fairly low-profile life.

Randy was arrested for shoplifting in 2016. Likewise, in 2014, Randy was diagnosed with stage four cancer. Fortunately, he was able to beat cancer and is currently in remission. Moreover, Randy got caught up in controversy when his wife Pamela penned a lengthy Facebook post accusing him of cheating on her.

Todd’s youngest brother Derrick Chrisley, unfortunately, passed away when he was just a child. At the time of his death, Derrick was only 4 months old. He passed away in 1974.

Wife and Children

Todd Chrisley married his high school sweetheart, Teresa Terry, in 1990. Teresa and Todd share two children together. Their names are Lindsie Chrisley and Kyle Chrisley.

Todd’s oldest daughter, Lindsie, eloped with Will Campbell in 2012. Although the two married without Todd’s approval, the real estate tycoon eventually forgave the couple. 

In 2014, Lindsie and Will parted ways but managed to reconcile. Eventually, they filed for divorce in  2016 but reconciled again. After withdrawing the divorce filing, Will and Lindsie welcomed their son, Jackson.

Kyle Chrisley often makes headlines for his struggles with drug addiction with bipolar disorder. He only made an appearance in the first season and was mentioned once in the second season.

Also Read: The life story of Kyle Chrisley and his Ex-wife Alexus Whilby

After Todd and Teresa’s divorce, Todd got married to Julie Chrisley. Like Todd, Julie was also previously married to her high school sweetheart.

The daughter of a Baptist minister, Julie is famous for her role as a regular cast member on Chrisley Knows best. She is also the star of the web series, What’s Cooking with Julie Chrisley. 

In June 2022, Julie and Todd got entangled in controversy after it became public that the couple took out bank loans by submitting false documents to fund their lavish lifestyle. Todd and Julie were found guilty on federal bank fraud and tax evasion charges. 

Julie and Todd share three children together. Their names are Chase, Savannah, and Grayson.

Chase Chrisley, a regular on Chrisley Knows Best, is famous for his involvement with get-rich-quick schemes. Savannah Chrisley won the Miss Tennessee Teen USA title in 2016. 

Likewise, she is the founder of her beauty brand named, SASSY. Todd and Julie’s youngest son, Grayson Chrisley is often depicted as a sports enthusiast on Chrisley Knows Best

Todd Chrisley Tax Evasion and Fraud

In 2019, Todd Chrisley and Julie Chrisley were arrested on 12 counts of tax evasion, bank and wire fraud, and conspiracy. Reacting to it, Todd released a statement alleging that their former employee Mark Braddock was trying to get “revenge” on the celebrity couple. 

The business tycoon defended himself and revealed that,

“Braddock took a bunch of his phony documents to the U.S. Attorney’s office and told them we had committed all kinds of financial crimes, like tax evasion and bank fraud.”

Assistant US Attorney Annalise Peters revealed that Todd and Julie had taken a loan of more than USD 30 million by lying about their wealth and earnings. After a nearly three-week-long trial, Todd and Julie were found guilty on all counts. 

Following the verdict, Todd and Julie revealed that they were “disappointed in the verdict” and that the couple planned to appeal. Reacting to the court verdict, Todd’s daughter Savannah wrote on her social media,

“This life is so cruel and we’re all doing the best we can. I will continue to stand by my family and fight for justice. Justice for ourselves and for others that the system has failed.” 

Todd and Julie, whose sentencing is scheduled on October 6, 2022, were granted a 30-day extension to file for acquittal. The celebrity couple also filed an appeal to add three new attorneys to their legal team and claimed that the 30-day extension was “necessary” to review court transcripts and prepare a good argument.

Check out the story of Todd and Julie Chrisley, Convicted of Tax Evasion and Fraud.

Is Todd Chrisley Gay?

During Todd Chrisley and Julie Chrisley’s trial, Todd’s former business partner Mark Braddock, who had turned the reality TV couple into the FBI, testified in court that he and Todd had a gay affair in the 2000s. Braddock made explosive claims that he and Todd had been in a relationship for a year and remained good friends even after their relationship ended. 

They remained amicable until 2012, after which the Chrisleys fired him. Braddock claimed that he and Todd paid USD 38,000 to a blackmailer who had threatened to expose the affair between the former business partners. 

Reacting to the accusations, Todd Chrisley asserted on the Chrisley Confessions podcast that the “truth” would win the day. He reacted to Braddock’s allegations saying,

“This is the same person that claimed that he had a sexual relationship with me and that I didn’t want to do it anymore. Well, that’s the only honest thing that he said. He’s never touched me. Never knew the man was, I guess, gay or bisexual, whatever he is. Who knows what he is because you can’t believe anything that he’s saying.”

Net Worth and Lifestyle

The star of Chrisley Knows Best, Todd Chrisley’s net worth is USD 1.5 million (approx.) as of 2023. Todd had even impressive earnings with his career as a real estate mogul and reality TV star.

In 2012, Todd filed for bankruptcy, claiming that he had USD 4.2 million in assets and almost USD 50 million worth of debt. Likewise, he and his wife Julie Chrisley got arrested in 2019 on multiple charges such as tax evasion, wire fraud, bank fraud, and conspiracy between 2007 and 2012. Due to this, Todd’s net worth was negative USD 5 million. 

Owing to his increased net worth, the business mogul leads a luxurious lifestyle. He and his family live in their lavish 30,000-square feet mansion in Atlanta. Likewise, the Chrisleys are not afraid of showing off their expensive purchases. 

In a preview for his reality show, the businessman revealed that, In a year, they spent USD 300,000 or more, just on clothing. Nevertheless, their outrageous spending and extravagant lifestyle eventually took a toll on the family’s finances. 

According to court documents, Todd Chrisley only had $55 remaining in a checking account and USD 100 in cash. Following the bankruptcy filing, court trustee Jason Pettie started an investigation to find out if the Chrisleys were hiding any wealth.

Petite made allegations that Todd Chrisley had transferred some of his wealth to his wife in an attempt to protect his assets. He filed a complaint which read,

“Neither has been employed since 2012. However, they continue to live in lavish residences, drive expensive vehicles, and travel extensively. He frequently made high-end clothing and accessory purchases.”

Social Media

Todd Chrisley Instagram

On Instagram, Todd Chrisley is active under the username “toddchrisley”. The reality TV star has over 2.3 million Instagram followers.

On May 8, 2022, Todd Chrisley shared a sweet tribute in honor of his mother’s birthday on Instagram. Todd expressed his gratitude,

“so blessed to have you in my life every day, you have carried me through every storm in my life, through every heartache”. He added, “I am forever grateful to God for blessing me with you, to the moon and back my sweet mama, no distance will ever change that because we are inseparable.”

Todd Chrisley Twitter

Joined in November 2013, Todd Chrisley’s Twitter handle is “toddchrisley”. With over 276.4k Twitter followers, Todd’s Twitter bio reads: “Chrisley Knows Best! Season 8 premieres , on USA Network, Thursdays at 9/8 central”.

ncG1vNJzZmiblaGyo6%2FRoquim6NjsLC5jq2mnZxdmLWztdKlnLJn